Sunday, April 3, 2016

Daily Inspiration 4-3-16

"Don't measure your readiness 
by what you don't know." 

-- Mike Dooley 



I woke up this morning realizing that I am still here in this time-space reality we call life and living, and what an interesting journey it has been thus far. I have no idea how many more days, week, months, years will come to pass for me to experience, but it is good to sometimes look at an overview of what has accumulated to date.

Then, at my desk, I saw the quote above that I had gleaned from a video that Mike Dooley had recently done. It caused me to think about our capacity for change, to brave the unknown, to find new things and new ways and new experiences.

Easily one of the most dramatic changes in my life was going into business in January 2008. We are now in our 9th year and that seems amazing to me. Who knew?

When it came to readiness, I wasn't ready, and then in some way I was. I felt like I had to make a change, and it would need to be a dramatic change. I didn't have time to figure it out. I couldn't wait for the perfect weather, or the complete knowledge and skill, but I knew I could learn. In fact, at the time this decision came about, I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but I knew for sure that I could do it. Naivete helped me to be bold enough to not know and jump anyway.

It has been a tumultuous journey, but I wouldn't change it for the world. As an experience it is alive and growing to me and it has worked out in interesting ways; albeit, far off the original idea of how it would play. I think this probably happens every time we do new things. We learn as we go, and that is okay.

How can one get ready for the unknown? Even with some ideas of how it will look and feel, the unknown will still challenge. And, that challenge--those challenges--will call us to grow and to become.

Conformity is death to growth. Following orders is the death to creativity. Each of us is unique, and yet, we often go with the flow of what we have been taught as the way to do things, all the while inside we crave acting out and sharing our uniqueness.

Are you acting out and sharing your uniqueness? If not, perhaps you need a little bit of the unknown to help you remember. I think there are a lot of ways to realize and share our uniqueness and they often do not require as dramatic a series of changes as I just briefly described. Nonetheless, I think that it is our uniqueness that is always craving to be expressed and when allowed to roam around openly with us, speaks volumes on growth, and loving life.


No Need To Worry. God Will Catch You. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by releasing that you that you've been keeping private. What a blast that will be to let that puppy out!

No comments:

Post a Comment