Monday, April 11, 2016

Daily Inspiration 4-11-16

"What's the difference?" 

-- A popular lament of children 
when I was a child 



It is way better than, "who cares?" Probably better than, "so what?" Then there's the, "whatever. . ." Light years ahead of, "who gives a _______?" The enlightened version by Eckhart Tolle might be, "Is that so?" The knowledge-seeker might say, "And, how is that important to me?"

Well, you get the drift. There are a lot of ways to respond to what others or some authority is saying is good for us, something we should do or be, advice in all forms.

And yet, there might be something to learn here that could be so valuable as to change my life forever. Then a helpful and insightful response might be, "that sounds interesting. Tell me more!" 

But, really, how often have we done that? Probably not very dang often--at least based on my own memory.

One is eager and open and all the others are suspicious, protective and closed.

Does it really hurt to listen and be interested in learning something? Generally not; however, we have so much going on within ourselves, who has the time?

I like the point of view of curiosity. "What can I learn from this? How can this be of value to me or others? I might find a tidbit that will lead me to something that has grand value.

What's the worst thing that could happen? I would spend some time. I might end up saying, "I can't think of anything that I can use here right now, but I came and I heard, and the value may become apparent later."


We Bring Our Attitude Or Point Of View Along With Us Everywhere We Go. But We Can Negotiate As We See Fit. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by listening to new ways to find joy. Maybe you'll find more than you knew was available.

No comments:

Post a Comment