Sunday, September 20, 2015

Daily Inspiration 9-20-15

"The resistance
to the unpleasant situation 
is the root of suffering." 

-- Ram Dass 



This quote by Ram Dass is so helpful to me. It is profound and incredibly simple at the same time. And, it nails it on the head. When something is happening that I am not happy about or is as he says, unpleasant, it is my own resistance to that event, or rather, my fighting within myself about it, that it shouldn't be there, that I am not to blame, that other people did this, and so much more, that is the resistance. I am wanting something that is to not be. Then I find lots of reasons why it should not be. But it is.

The more enlightened and productive response would be to acknowledge it as being there, and since it is there, the reason is not as important as is finding a way to make good use of it, learn from it, grow from it, use it as a jumping-off point toward what I do want, or what would have me feel better. 

Ram Dass suggests help: "There's much more in any given moment than we usually perceive, and that we ourselves are much more than we usually perceive. When you know that, part of you can stand outside the drama of your life."

James Allen says, "The mind is the master." But, we think so physically. We might think that the brain and the mind are one and the same, but they are not. The brain is physical, and the mind is not. So, by using our mind, which is multi-dimensional, we can actually step outside of ourselves as an observer of our ourselves. As we allow ourselves to do this, we gain a perspective that will help us to understand more and to see situations for their value rather than their faults. It allows us to make changes if we so desire. It helps us to see the path ahead instead of the current obstacle.


There's Nothing Quite Like A Better Perspective To Improve Our Sight. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by trading in our suffering. It's a fair exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment