Friday, September 11, 2015

Daily Inspiration 9-11-15

"I am prepared for the worst, 
but hope for the best." 

-- Benjamin Disraeli 




It is a common phrase that I used to hear a lot when I was young: Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, or hope for the best, but prepare for the worst, or trust in God, but tie up your camels, or Lord, I believe, but help my unbelief and many more.

What a great way to build a house, right? Prepare for it to collapse, but hope for it to keep standing. I assume from a positive point of view that we would not only make sure we do our work properly, but that we are paying attention to the whole work, including design, stresses, and so on, while at the same time thinking what a grand home this will be for some family soon.

Here's an interesting statement from Abraham, Esther Hicks on this subject:

""I must be aware of bad things, and guarded about bad things, and I must watch out for bad things by trying to guide myself toward good things." You can't do both at the same time. You can't watch out for bad things, and allow good things at the same time. It is vibrationally not possible." 

Another way to see this is as being in a race on the track and you're focused on not tripping and falling, not losing, not running out of breath or energy, not getting a cramp, and then at the same time trying to focus on winning the race.


Which Do You Suppose Prevails? 

Spread Some Joy Today--by letting go of your need to be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment