Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Daily Inspiration 9-15-15

"Change the way you look at things 
and the things you look at change." 

-- Wayne Dyer 



We're learning every day of our lives, and I have found an interesting tidbit about that. Sometimes when I am talking with someone about a situation, out of my mouth comes something that I didn't know I knew--or at least didn't know I knew so clearly.

Then I stand amazed at what just came out of my mouth. Where did that come from? It sounded like the perfect thing at the perfect time. And here's another tidbit that is interesting: It might be the perfect thing at the perfect time for me to see it more than for the other to hear it. As the other may argue for their previous position, and I may be clarifying further my thoughts on it, they may continue to stay where they are, but I have moved. It's sort of like being the teacher and the student at exactly the same time.

There is something special about verbal expression and that may even be enhanced by argument, disagreement, or resistance. One thing that I have clearly learned about disagreement and resistance is that I don't face it for very long. I call it 'swimming upstream.' In younger days, I might swim for a long time to my peril, but I have learned from past experience that a few strokes is fine, but there is no need or benefit in creating negative emotion within myself.

So the other day I had a conversation. A scenario was described and I answered it in a couple different ways. The first was to explain what I knew from my own experience about improvements within that entity. That was brief. The second was to explain how to change it. As I was stating that, this is where I found that I understood what I knew more than I might have imagined. It's like taking it from theory to actual practice. That message expressed very simplistically was that when we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change.

Now you might be thinking that this is a well-worded phrase and it sounds good and all that, but I live in the real world and I see what I see and it is real. The problem is real. It is happening to me. I can't change it. They have to change it. I wish someone would get them to change it. I feel powerless to change it. And so on. Well, you're right. It is that way. However, it is as much the other way of seeing it differently and having it change as it is to see it the same and have it not change. We have so much more power than we think we do inside of us.

It comes down to another simplified way of looking at things: we can't get a positive result from thinking negatively. We cannot be complaining about something and have it become as we would like it to be. Complaining will bring more of what we are complaining about. If we are talking about how someone failed us, there will be more failures to talk about on the horizon. The Law of Attraction is always in operation and it doesn't care what we are thinking. It simply and perfectly finds other similar or like thoughts and situations and brings them to our experience. Fighting that powerful force is not an option.

How does it change? It changes for the better when we do. It changes for the better when we see it for the better. I think that the best that we can do, whether it is a situation, a company, a child, a friend, an associate, is to see it or them the way that we want them to be--to see them as their best selves. If we had a child that has gone down a dark path of drugs and poor choices, the more we focus on that or on fighting that, the more of that comes. When we focus on seeing them as whole, well, inspired, enthusiastic, living the life they deserve, that is how we can be of service. The same holds true with the world, our government, our politicians, and virtually everything in life. We, at the same time, must live in the same way. All change begins with us.

One last note. Some might think that by doing this I am denying reality, or that I am in denial, so to speak. I have learned that facing reality is not really the virtue that so many think it is. If all we look at is what is, all we will have is more of the same. For the world, companies we deal with, people we have relationships with, to change, we must change. And, when we change, they all change. When we see something not to our liking, as we choose to look at it differently, that thing changes. I see it all the time now and I'm accepting responsibility to have the world I would love to have.


We Become What We Think About. How We See The World Is The Way It Is. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by choosing to see joy wherever you go today.

No comments:

Post a Comment