Friday, September 5, 2014

Daily Inspiration 9-5-14

"If you knew who walked beside you at all times, 
on the path that you have chosen, 
you could never experience fear or doubt again." 

-- Wayne W Dyer 


No matter how much I have learned, or how enlightened I have become, there are those times that I beat up on myself about the silliest things. The good news is that where this used to happen virtually every day, it now happens rarely. The other part of the good news is that I now understand my emotional guidance system so much better and can realize soon that in my feeling crappy about myself or actions I have taken, or not taken (more likely), I know that is not where I want to be and remember that what I really want is to feel good.

To put things into perspective, I love another quote by Wayne Dyer where he says that, "conflict cannot survive without your participation." I know that this applies to conflict on the inside of us as much as conflict outside.

This brought me to something I shared several days ago from an online class I took with Anita Moorjani where she suggests we ask the question in several different ways, "If I loved myself. . . what would I be doing? Thinking? How would I be treating myself? How would I want to feel? How would I choose to live my life?" And, this morning when I got up, feeling crappy about myself, I began asking that question and as I answered each one, I began feeling better and better and better.

I don't think I will ever get to the point where I don't think poorly of myself from time to time. It is just part of the way life works; however, I do know what to do about it. I do know how to recognize that it is happening. I do know that if I turn and look at anything that I can appreciate that I will find another and another. I do know that when I am appreciating things and people that I feel wonderful inside. I do know that I can find things to appreciate about myself. I do know that I have all of the power of the solution and can recognize and even appreciate the problem for it leads me to become more, to expand, to love. And, now that I feel good, I can thrive!


There Is Power In Contrast Once We Realize That It Is There To Help Us, Not Hurt Us. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by joining with me today in letting go of the rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment