Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Daily Inspiration 9-23-14

"Everything happens for a reason. 
Sometimes the reason is 
that you're stupid 
and make bad decisions." 

-- Bill Murray 


From one of my all-time favorite comedic actors comes such hilarious and truthful words of wisdom and encouragement. How many times have I been brain-dead stupid and made bad decisions? I stopped counting years ago. It's embarrassing. But, it's only embarrassing when I think I should be some kind of financial wizard and selfless mutant. I laughed so hard when I read this quote because it is so true, for me anyway.

But, you know, it is being able to see this and laugh at myself and my own learning lessons that makes it okay to talk about. The list of mistakes, especially financial mistakes would be too long to list here, but I also know that none of that matters much when it comes to the end. It's all just stuff. It's all just decisions. It is all just results. Like the wonderful song sung by Kelly Clarkson, Whatever Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger! That is true as well. The lessons that I have learned. . .

There have been enough stupid decisions in my life to last several lifetimes, and there may still be more on the horizon; however, I no longer worry about that, focus on mistakes, or make excuses to others so that I might feel better. It's all good. Like yesterday's post, all those mistakes are just stepping stones to joy. In fact, I've learned to feel the joy on the way so that there is no regret, and no need to ask forgiveness. It's all good.


Reader's Digest Used To Have A Column Called, Laughter Is The Best Medicine. It Surely Is. It Realigns Us With Joy, Our Ultimate Goal.

Spread Some Joy Today--by laughing at ourselves, which is exactly the same as dropping the rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment