Thursday, September 4, 2014

Daily Inspiration 9-4-14

"How one can live without 
being able to judge oneself, 
criticize what one has accomplished,
 and still, enjoy what one does, 
is unimaginable to me." 

 -- Anna Freud 


Well. . . I sure can! I cannot remember when judging myself ever helped me to become more, or better. I cannot remember when criticizing what I did or did not accomplish ever helped me to excel or grow, or love. I know this from many years of practice at trying to make those things work. They don't work on our behalf. They do; however, work to make us small, reduce our value, hide our love.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe said it so much better and very succinctly when he said, "Correction does much, but encouragement does more."

Amen to that!


Carrot Or Stick? It IS Valuable To Know What You Don't Want Or Don't Want Anymore, Then Turn To Praise And Encouragement For What Was, What Is, And What May Come. 

Spread Some Joy Today--simply because it is your natural state when you allow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment