Sunday, September 21, 2014

Daily Inspiration 9-21-14

"You wander from room to room 
hunting for the diamond necklace 
that is already around your neck!" 

-- Rumi 


I laughed when I read this quote because I remember frantically searching for my eyeglasses one day long ago and I searched for more than an hour in every place I could think of and then I found that I was wearing them. Although, I'm certain that Rumi meant by this quote that we have the answers within us. It's like the Acres of Diamonds story by Russell Conwell that I was introduced to back in the early 70s, where a frustrated man sold his property and went on a trip to find his riches when all along his property was sitting on the richest cache of diamonds ever found. He had no idea what those rocks were.

I've come to believe that all of the answers we ever need are within us, yet often it is like the brain which stores everything, but recall is sometimes challenging. Learning from others, and gathering information may inspire us to come back to ourselves and trust in our own alignment with the God within. The best someone else can do for us is to redirect us to ourselves.

Not trusting ourselves in our own abilities and intelligence can be a roadblock, and this makes it all the more important to practice our knowing. We are far more than we seem. Each of us has a direct connection to God or the Universe or All-That-Is which we can tap into at will. As we go within and relax in our inner knowing, by practice, we become confident. Just by knowing that we have this connection and that all that we need is within, this narrows our search considerably.

Whether by prayer, meditation, relaxation, and others, it is a letting go of what is in our face and all around us for just a short time to make the inner connection. We just need to stop the flow of constant information long enough to find the truth for us.


"Do Not Feel Lonely, The Entire Universe Is Inside You." -- Rumi 

Spread Some Joy Today--by changing the tone of gossip, or walking away entirely. Either serve us.

No comments:

Post a Comment