Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Daily Inspiration 2-26-14

"Grace needs you 
as much as you need it." 

 -- Alan Cohen 


Isn't this an interesting concept? Grace needs you as much as you need Grace. I saw another quote from my favorite mentors of all my time, Abraham, and Esther Hicks: "You might say, "How do I know if I'm in a receiving mode or not?" And we say, you always feel good when you're in a receiving mode. When someone offers you a compliment, do you receive it, or do you sort of just shrug it off? There's something about believing that you must justify your existence through your effort or through your perseverance, through your struggle. And many of you just have not practiced the receiving mode."

Practicing the receiving mode. . . There is a lot said in that short phrase. How many of us practice that? I know more of us practice giving compliments more than accepting them, giving things rather than receiving them, and so on. I know I was brought up with the noble notion that to give is better than to receive. In my lifetime-learned wisdom, I now see them as equal rather than one better or more important than another. Grace needs you as much as you need it. Receiving needs you as much as you need it. Giving needs you as much as you need it.


Something To Ponder Sincerely. . . 

Spread Some Joy Today--by allowing joy to be a part of your life. I know spreading it is good, but receiving is just as good. I think it is even best, to begin with, that aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment