Monday, February 10, 2014

Daily Inspiration 2-10-14

"I am only one, but I am one. 
I cannot do everything, 
but I can do something. 
And I will not let what I cannot do 
interfere with what I can do." 

 -- Edward Everett Hale 


I was having breakfast with a dear friend this morning. It's an interesting story about how we met and came to be friends. He is also an avid reader of these Daily Inspirations. Recently, he introduced me to one of his friends and at that meeting, his friend expressed thoughts about his knowledge in his industry and how his perspective was interesting and helpful to others. So I suggested that we could do a Trend Setter Package for him that would give him the platform to spread that knowledge in a professional and effective manner.

As I was remembering that this morning (you know how one thought leads to another and so on), I recalled a gala event I attended in Indianapolis, Indiana two years ago. There were hundreds of people seated around large round tables scattered all around the ballroom. I don't recall exactly how it came up, whether I mentioned something or someone else did, but it came to be that there were about six people at my table and the table next to mine who were long time readers of my Daily Inspirations messages. They were pleased to meet me in person and I, them.

Here we are, me being about 2,000 miles from home at an event and then meeting these people. What I think is interesting about this is that I do almost nothing to expand the reach of these Daily Inspirations. I put a little sign up box on a few websites, and once in a while offer to sign someone up if they have a mind to. I do publish it in various ways however, so it mainly goes out via this email program from Constant Contact. It is also published on a blog where every post is available to see at www.ctsdaily.net. . It is also posted on two facebook pages, Tumblr.com, Twitter and Linked-in. It is also shared by others to their friends in various ways.

My point with this information is that I put it out there for those who want it to be able to see it. I am only one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. This I have done and it is pure joy in the doing. Who knows who will benefit from it? I don't know. I didn't know those people I met at that event, yet they were very complimentary about how it touched them in a positive way.

So, the value is in the sharing--having a willingness to put yourself out there and take what comes. Whatever my friend's friend has to share I am certain would be of value to others. The only thing is that it needs to be shared. We need to take action and make a commitment to doing it to the best of our ability. I am only one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And, I pay no attention to what I cannot do. I just do what I can.

This we can all do. We all have something to share. I say, let's hear it! Or read it. There is much value in the doing for ourselves, as may be in the receiving of it by others.


Who Knows What Uplifting And Positive Things You Can Do Until You Actually Do Them?

Spread Some Joy Today--Bust a move!

No comments:

Post a Comment