Friday, February 21, 2014

Daily Inspiration 2-21-14

"You just never know who in the crowd, 
standing beside you in line 
or passing you in the street, 
might be raised in spirit, 
or even lifted from despair, 
by the kindness in your glance 
or the comfort of your smile." 

 "But they may never forget." 

 -- The Universe, a.k.a., Mike Dooley 


I have subscribed to Notes from the Universe from tut.com for a long time now, and some of these are so timely and I save the ones that sparkle in my spirit so that I can share its message with a mix of my own. This one is perfect to share today.

I would add to this quote by my friend and mentor, Mike Dooley, that not just a glance or a smile, and not just in person, but via phone, text, email, or any other communication that can touch another is equally good.

I have learned that when I think I want to call someone and give them a bit of love, I need to do it right now. You just never know what they are going through at that moment and the fact that they are on your mind is an indication to reach out. And, that door swings both ways.

I had two special phone calls today. One from a client and friend and the other from my business partner. They each made my day. The first was early this morning. I was up at 5:30am and this call came at 7:00am. He said he wanted to hear my voice and get charged up, but little did he know that the opposite happened. I was charged, he was charged up and it only cost us both a few minutes of fun talking. Thanks, Gary!

Then, later I was driving to take something to a client about 70 miles away and my business partner called me to say how much he enjoyed an email I sent to another client telling them what we've done so far. I don't think he has ever done that before, but this time he was so upbeat and complimentary and I felt like I was driving on air. Thanks, Ryan!

Many times I reach out and touch someone, smile at someone, engage in light conversation with a stranger and who the heck knows what comes of that, but the lesson is how we feel not them. If it makes us feel good--really good, there is a very good possibility that they may feel even better.

I love how Mike Dooley says that they may be "raised in spirit, or even lifted from despair." People deal with all sorts of issues. Some of them may weigh heavily on them, and the light touch we may give them, or the encouraging words, loving smile might just take them away from their troubles for even a brief moment. Maybe just long enough to remember that whatever they are dealing with is far larger in their mind than it is in reality.


Reach Out And Touch Someone! You Never Know Who You May Be An Uplifter To. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by paying attention to your inner voice suggesting to you people to share your joy with--or even allow them to give you joy! It's a two-way street.

No comments:

Post a Comment