Friday, December 7, 2012

Daily Inspiration 12-7-12

"Innocence is more compelling
than sophistication.

-- Alan Cohen

I've been told by numerous people to protect myself and to act a certain way that makes people think something different about me so that I will be more sophisticated and worldly. I used to believe some of that and so then always felt uncomfortable in places that I wasn't really familiar with. Then, somewhere along the line, I let go of the idea that sophistication was a requirement for success and adopted innocence instead.

Somewhere along the line we have seemed to adopt the idea that innocence, especially in business, is undesirable and a thing to avoid. I am finding that it works extremely well actually and it is way more fun and far more interesting, and at the same time so much more comfortable.

Pretty much, having innocence comes down to being yourself and not trying to be something you are not. Something you're not is what goes on most resumes. What you are is the person that most employers have a challenge finding during that interview with the resume in their hands.

Based on my own findings, I highly recommend, not worrying about what others will think of you and just be the person you are--respectfully, of course. If you don't know something, say you don't know it. Don't make something up. You'd be surprised how open people are to speaking from the heart in business matters, as in personal matters.


Whoever You Are Right Now Is Perfect. Tomorrow Is Another Day And Another Level Of Perfection.

Spread Some Joy Today--Be generous! It is fun. You don't need any better reason that that.

No comments:

Post a Comment