Saturday, December 1, 2012

Daily Inspiration 12-1-12

"Work expands
so as to fill
the time available
for its completion."
-- C Northcote Parkinson

In Runaway Bride, Richard Gere's character called himself in jest, The Last Minute Man. Many times I can relate to how he was feeling. Waiting for inspiration can reinforce the last minute methodology. Sometimes I follow Jack London's famous advice where he says, "I don't wait for inspiration. I go after it with a club!" Certainly seems more proactive, when waiting seems so inactive, and I am not a fan of inactive generally, unless of course it is on purpose and for a short and specific time frame. That's what naps are all about.
 
I had two important projects that were due today on the last day of the month. I just barely got one done, half on the other and begged for the weekend to finish it up. I hate going down to the wire. I want to follow through and complete important projects in a timely manner. To me that is well before the deadline--at least, that is my plan.

Sometimes it is the volume of things coming, and other times, I'm reverting to procrastination, but the main reason projects come down to the wire for me is that I am not fully sure what I am going to say or how I'm going to handle it, so I want to mull it over, chew on it and wait on the inspiration for a while. Then Tuesday turns into Saturday, and pretty soon the deadline is so near that I have to stop everything else and get focused. Focus, Minion, focus! That's when I get the club out go after it.

I know I'm not alone. . . and there's at least one or two of you out there that can relate. 
 
 
 
Here's To All Your Projects Done Perfectly And Always On Time!
 
Spread Some Joy Today--When you have joy in your life every day, some people think you're abnormal. I say Hallelujah to that! I AM!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment