Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Daily Inspiration 12-4-12

"The best years of your life are those in which
you decide your problems are your own.
You do not blame them on your mother,
the ecology, or the president.
You realize that you control your own destiny."
-- Albert Ellis


In all my life I've had troubles. I have them now as I've had them always. They vary in degree, frequency and longevity, yet they never seem to leave for good. And, for most of my life hardly any of my troubles were my own creation, but those created by others on my behalf, even though I didn't ask for them.

The only thing that has changed today, is that all of my problems are my own. I created them, attracted them, allowed them to be. You know what's funny about that? They cause me so much less stress today being my own than they used to when they were not my own.

Perhaps it is the fact that I feel that I am in control where in the past I felt more like a victim. Feeling like a victim is not all that pleasant even with all the justification on your side to blame the persecutor, it doesn't change the crappy feeling of being a victim.

Only by accepting my problems as my own, I have changed my entire outlook on my life. And, truly, the only thing that really changed was my point of view.


"Self-Acceptance Is The First Step To Self-Improvement--And The Last. -- Alan Cohen

Spread Some Joy Today--Who created your problems? Taking responsibility for them is guaranteed to create more joy in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment