Sunday, December 16, 2012

Daily Inspiration 12-16-12

"Life asks us to make 
measurable progress 
in reasonable time. 
That's why they make those 
fourth grade chairs so small; 
so you won't fit in them 
at age twenty-five." 

-- Jim Rohn 


Two days ago, I said that I have been playing guitar for about 46 years. I have to correct that statement because it is grossly inaccurate. The real truth is that I began learning and playing guitar 46 years ago. There's a world of difference in those two statements.

 In the car business, where I spent 25 years mostly as a sales manager, I learned the phrase that was all too often true: "he had twenty years experience. One year, repeated 20 times."

I think that often, we may not consider the bigger picture of results. How much are we actually, really, no bs, putting into the thing that we are expecting bigger and better results from? I think that often it may be 'not nearly enough.'

 It's absolutely okay to get to a place where you feel no need to go further. I don't argue personal satisfaction with a chosen place, but I see and hear a lot of people who complain about where they are or that they aren't getting the results they should get or deserve to get and that it is something external that is controlling their outcome beyond their control. The reality very well may be that they are actually controlling their outcome so perfectly, but their mind isn't in synch.

How many years experience do you have?


 I Really Have About Five Years Of Experience Repeated About Nine Times . . . 

Spread Some Joy Today--Find some peace for yourself and enjoy it. Your inner peace will affect your outward appearance and demeanor.

No comments:

Post a Comment