Sunday, February 26, 2012

Daily Inspiration 2-26-12

"Worry pretends to be necessary
but serves no useful purpose."

-- Eckhart Tolle


I cannot recall any instance in my life where worry helped in any way whatever. I find that though I had been trained since childhood in the art of worry, it is now nothing but fear about something in the future run amuck effectively using up many present moments.

Somehow it was taught as good to worry about things as if we were "paying attention" to them, so as to not ignore them. The milder form of worry is called "concern." It's just more fear and more commonly used, though still unnecessary and counterproductive.

Here's what is better. If something doesn't feel right, decide then and there to do what you can and then let it go. This way we at least spring to action as opposed to projecting limitless possibilities of a yet to occur event.


Most Of The Things I Worried About Never Happened.

Spread Some Joy Today--When you're joyous, you attract more joyous people. Good enough reason to me. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment