Monday, February 13, 2012

Daily Inspiration 2-13-12

"I'm on the patch right now, where it releases small doses of
approval until I no longer crave it, and then I'm gonna rip it off."

-- Ellen DeGeneres

I love Ellen DeGeneres, thinking her to be wild, kooky and funny. I love how she put this about looking for approval from others. It is a precarious place to be and in that position, it is disempowering and creates much disappointment. So, she makes fun of it and that is a good thing.

I have another quote by another favorite person of mine, Andrew Carnegie, the steel magnate. He said, "Do not look for approval except for the consciousness of doing your best."

These two quotes together are so good and where one acknowledges the approval seeking supplement and the need to get off that drug, the other acknowledges the best way to not need it and to keep moving forward by doing simply your best.


Just Do Your Best And Let The Rest Ride On By.

Spread Some Joy Today--Smile that smile of knowing you are doing your best. It really is joy, isn't it? Of course, the shortcut is just to smile regardless. Joy follows closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment