Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Daily Inspiration 2-14-12

"The sharing of joy, whether physical, emotional,
psychic, or intellectual, forms a bridge between
the sharers which can be the basis for understanding
much of what is not shared between them,
and lessens the threat of their difference."

-- Audre Lorde

Another way to say this wonderful quote from Audre Lorde is to say that "love forms a bridge between the sharers which can be the basis for understanding much of what is not shared between them, and lessens the threat of their difference." I say that because to me, love and joy are one in the same.

When I am loving, I am naturally joyous. When I am joyous, I am openly loving. When I am in joy, I am in love, as when I am in love, I am in joy. Consequently, as I desire to be more loving, being more joyous creates more love, and equally, as I desire to be more joyous or to have more joy in my life, I need only find something or someone to appreciate, or to love.

And, what is even more interesting that I find about joy and love is that they are obtained not by reaching out, but by letting go. It is in my relaxing and allowing that these expressions are available. It is in my choosing to let go of my ego that my heart is opened to joy and love. Makes me think of that old Joy commercial: "relax, you're soaking in it."


Joy And Love. Seems Perfect For A Valentine's Day.

Spread Some Joy Today--There is no way to love. Love is the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment