Sunday, October 30, 2011

Daily Inspiration 10-30-11

"When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting,
I go ahead on it and make trial after trial until it comes."

-- Thomas A Edison


As I was driving today, a very confident thought about persistence came through me. It was the realization that there is only one thing standing between us and success and that is ourselves. The only way you can truly fail is to quit.

Some think, 'I will try this and see how it works out,' as if working out was really in question or as if working out was a destiny thing or if the success gods are happy that day. The other thing about that is the word try. It is so weak. It indicates the possibility of failure in the word itself. It might succeed. . . then again, it might not. The if, come, maybe idea of it is funny.

As I thought about it, I felt so confident in the ability to succeed by strictly having the desire strong enough and the unwillingness to fail or quit.

I love how Thomas Edison says, 'When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting. . .' He doesn't determine his success later through trial and error, he determines it up front by deciding it is worth it, that it is important and that he is committed to it. Then, and only then he says, 'I go ahead on it. . . until it comes."

Jim Rohn says it this way, 'How long should you try? Until . . . '

So, I'm absolutely confident in the fact that the only thing stopping us from doing a thing is ourselves. I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes on persistence:

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -- Calvin Coolidge



"Never, Never, Never, Never Give Up!"
--Winston Churchill


Spread Some Joy Today--Think of some kind words of encouragement to say to someone you know. Now say them.

No comments:

Post a Comment