Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Daily Inspiration 10-18-11

"Some people see thing that are and ask, Why?
Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not?
Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that."

-- George Carlin


Otters holding hands


Today, I was out for a walk and noticed something as I looked down over a bridge in a residential area. I've looked over this bridge many times and have seen nothing other than a bit of water, but this time I saw what appeared to be an otter. Then I saw another, and another, and four in all. The last time I saw an otter was in Monterey Bay many years ago, and here right in Fairfield, in a creek, there were four otters.

I was mesmerized watching them diving and watching me and playing around. They are such effortless swimmers and hardly even move the top of the water with their silky smooth movements.

As I'm looking over the bridge for probably 15 or 20 minutes, many cars went by and along comes another walker, an older guy (had to do it). So, I said, 'Hey, there are four otters down here!' and he didn't even glance over, but instead had this means-nothing-to-me look. I thought, wow! Here are four otters, such a rare sighting and he isn't the least bit interested.

A few minutes later, this guy comes up in a motorized wheel chair. He seemed taken by them and was even talkative a minute or two. Finally, I needed to move along and I left with one of the otters trying to eat a fish that was almost as long as his or her body. It was a very interesting walk with a very interesting encounter. I'll have to go visit them tomorrow if they are still around.

So, the thought struck me as I continued, some people are not impressed with otters. Isn't that just the way life is. Some people are just not interested, no matter how special it is. They got their own thing going on.

And, as it is also in life sometimes, I was.



Some People Just Are Not Impressed, Or Interested.


Spread Some Joy Today--by not allowing what others think bother you--even when they don't like otters. Go with love. You can't go wrong ever with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment