Saturday, October 1, 2011

Daily Inspiration 10-1-11

"I think of life itself now as a wonderful play that I've written for myself,
and so my purpose is to have the utmost fun playing my part."

-- Shirley MacLaine


What a great way to look at life and accept responsibility for our own decisions and actions and procrastination, or our thinking and our actions, along with a decision of purpose, or a mission statement of intent to have the utmost fun playing the part.

I love the attitude that this implies that life is wonderful and that we are in control more than we might have thought previously. It also has the attitude of playfulness and fun. I think now that life is interesting and fun and as I think that, it is.

Having believed in my 'past life' that life was a struggle, only the strong survive, shit happens, it's always something, only allowed to go so far, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, the aheader I go, the behinder I get, there's only so much to go around, gotta work hard to get yours, lucky breaks, bad luck, and a much longer list of powerless statements, I tried and worked and studied to get my share, to succeed as success was imagined by me then.

Now, and in just the last few years, I've learned to look at life so very differently and like Shirley says, I'm writing it myself. I've changed my views so completely on success and what that is, results and how I get them, circumstances and how they came about, fun and joy, work and play, abundance.

The ultimate benefit of these changes is purely joy. It's fascinating now to me about how sort of all of a sudden how I now have ever increasing amounts of joy, whereas, I never really had it at all before except perhaps in very small and infrequent doses. What is fascinating about this is that it is strictly how I view life and my role in my life that caused this massive and ultra beneficial change.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend moving toward (and ever more toward) this view that you are in control, and that your purpose is joy. There is nothing like it.



I So Love My Life Now. I Highly Recommend It.


Spread Some Joy Today--moving toward more and more joy is as easy as becoming more and more grateful, becoming more and more appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment