Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Daily Inspiration 12-4-19

"Your point of attraction 
predominantly occurs 
from the day-to-day things 
that you are thinking as you 
are moving through your day, 
and you have the power 
to direct your thoughts 
positively or negatively." 

-- Abraham, Esther Hicks 



New: Audio version

[Classic post from 7-15-15]

In a very short conversation at the teller window at the bank, the girl responded to something I said by saying, "It's hard to stay positive. I need to work on that more." I thought about that for a nanosecond and replied, "It takes no more effort to think a positive thought than a negative one, and in fact thinking negative thoughts doesn't feel very good, does it?"

I have to work at being positive? It seems to me the opposite is true because I think thinking positively about things has more to do with letting go than pulling harder. It has been my own experience that it is the negative thoughts that create tension, resistance, and my body is at work as much as my mind. But with positive thoughts, my body is relaxed, and my mind is coasting in peace.

I still love the life-is-like-a-river way of looking at this. Putting my boat in the river and rowing upstream is a lot of work and has mixed results at best. No matter how good you get at rowing, it is a never-ending struggle with the elements that are doing what they do and not giving us any mind whatsoever. Yet, in ceasing to struggle, rowing is unnecessary, and effort is not needed. As we flow with life rather than resist, we are empowered.

We don't like the decisions the boss made? We can row upstream by ourselves in our mind, or create a Facebook group to fight the injustice of those decisions, tell all our friends and coworkers all about it, feel terrible and unhappy too, or, we can accept that the boss is in charge and make the best of whatever decision he or she makes and go with the flow of it all. Or, the wife or husband, teacher or student, and every other relationship and situation we encounter.


The Power To Choose Is Our Own. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by letting go, because joy only comes this way. There is no such thing as struggling for joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment