Thursday, December 19, 2019

Daily Inspiration 12-19-19

"Peace requires us to surrender 
our illusions of control." 

-- Jack Kornfield 



New: Audio version

[Classic post from 7-30-15]

I used this same quote yesterday. It is very rare that I use a quote twice. I have tens of thousands of quotes all on paper in many files and I notate when and how I have used them to attempt to use them only once; however, this quote is really special to me because it says so much about what peace really is.

Sure it is a letting go of; a release. But, what is special to me about this quote is the phrase, "surrender our illusions of control." It doesn't say our control. It says of control. This quote by Jack Kornfield is now easily in my top ten quotes of all time: "Peace requires us to surrender our illusions of control." 

Yesterday and the day before, I've spoken of peace. It is interesting that one of my favorite books, of which I have bought and given away over a hundred copies, is Love Is Letting Go Of Fear by Gerald Jampolsky. In this book, he suggests having one single goal of peace. It makes perfect sense. Inner peace is love. Inner peace is joy. Inner peace is freedom. In fact, I think that is the best way to describe freedom.

But, I have a slightly different point to make today. I was thinking yesterday about this quote and the piece written yesterday, and I felt that I left one very important part out. The part that I left out is our illusion of other people's control of us.

Surrendering our illusions of control of others is one thing, and a very valuable idea, yet more important I think is surrendering our illusions that others have control over us. When we surrender this illusion, our own inner peace is assured.

I like how Abraham, Esther Hicks said this at a workshop in 1997: "No one can deny you anything. Only you deny it through your vibrational contradiction." So it is with peace. No one can deny you peace. Only you can deny your peace through your vibrational contradiction. In other words by not surrendering the illusions of their control.

I will end with this quote from Abraham, Esther Hicks from a workshop in 2005: "You are the creator of your own reality, and so you are not in jeopardy. You do not need to control the behavior of others in order for you to thrive. Your attention to things that you think they do that keeps you from your thriving is, in fact, what keeps you from your thriving. . . It is not what they do to you; it's what you do to you in fear of what you think that they will do to you."


Surrendering My Illusions Of Control--Other's And My Own. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by relaxing, remembering to breathe deeply, and pick the better feeling thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment