Monday, July 30, 2018

Daily Inspiration 7-30-18

"Live in the sunshine, 
swim in the sea, 
drink the wild air." 

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson 




[Classic post from 5-18-14]

Henry David Thoreau said it his way: "You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." I might have left out the word 'must' since it is purely a choice. . .

I am in love with the practicality and helpful direction from Abraham and Esther Hicks:

"Milk every moment for all the pleasure you can get from it. When you say, "It is my dominant intent to look for things that feel good today. No matter where I'm going, no matter what I'm doing, no matter who I'm doing it with, it is my dominant intent to look for what I'm wanting to see, to look for things that feel good," and the more you develop the habit of that kind of vibration--the more the Universe understands that that's who you are! And so, the more you have access only to those kinds of things."

When I combine that quote with this bit of clarification, it falls into place: "Mining the moment for something that feels good, something to appreciate, something to savor, something to take in, that's what your moments are about."

Mining the moment. . . what a wonderful way to put that. I might be standing in line, maybe even a long line as I was just the other day, and find things all around me to appreciate, to feel good about, to be thankful for. That's really what it comes down to in all our lives I think. When we are going through our daily lives, doing our daily things, with various people around us, driving on the freeway, stopped in traffic, dealing with phone calls, working on computers, learning how to do or use things, and millions of other moments we live every single day, if we remember to mine the moment for something that feels good, something to appreciate, something to savor, and something to take in, we then are actually living in the moment and my life changes for the better in each of those moments.


As I Do This More Often, I Live More Fully And Joyfully. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by focusing on things and people to appreciate, savor, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment