Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Daily Inspiration 7-24-18

"Do the thing 
and you will have the power."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson 




[Classic post from 5-12-14]

Decisions are nice and necessary. Thinking is the foundation of change. Yet, change indicates movement. Call it action, or movement, or whatever, but that energy is a power in and of itself. And, the better news about that is that this power is fueled and increased substantially in the movement.

Lao Tzu said it so well in this very popular quote: "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." It is also the most important step of the journey. Without it, there would be no others.

I remember back in late 2007 when I built my first website. For a few years previously, I had entertained the thought of having a website to help me achieve more. I longed for someone magically do it for me, for surely I, knowing not a thing about websites, felt that it was almost impossible, and certainly improbable for me to do it, so I prayed for a savior. What came was not a savior, but probably even more powerful than that. What came was the end of my frustration that this was not getting done just thinking about it, and one day out of the blue, I just got on the computer, did some searching and learning and in no time at all, there it was my first website. You would have thought I gave birth. Such joy and triumph.

That first step led to the next and with each step came more power, more creativity, more tools, more options, more expertise, and while I still know how, I now have people who do this far better than I thereby completing the original idea of having someone doing it for me. That's a lot of power from one single idea and thought.

I find that almost everything I do is just like a thousand mile journey and as long as I get to the moving part and at the very least, begin, the power comes and grows in the process giving me everything I need to not only complete the task, but it often comes out far better than I could have imagined at the beginning.


Step Out In Faith That You Will Succeed. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by asking the question often, is there joy in this?

No comments:

Post a Comment