Sunday, July 1, 2018

Daily Inspiration 7-1-18

"The root of joy is gratefulness. . . 
It is not joy that makes us grateful;
 it is gratitude that makes us joyful."

 -- David Steindl-Rast 




[Classic post from 3-5-14]

I try to be observant. I was in a favorite grocery store today pushing a cart around. I had a small number of things I wanted to get, but I just wasn't into it. Do you know what I mean? I parked and walked in, pushed the cart around the store, but nothing went in my cart. I was trying to think of something that would please me for dinner, but it just wasn't coming.

So, I looked at my empty cart, thought of several things I was truly grateful for and instantly I began to smile. Not just a smile, but one of those smiles that others can't help noticing. As I was taking the cart back to the front of the store where they are parked, a beautiful woman was pushing her cart toward me and then I glanced at her with that fully-grateful smile on my face and she lit up. It is amazing what the power of a sincere and grateful smile will have on another human.

As I noticed this, I continued to watch all the people in my path on the way to my car. It had the same effect on them. I thought, wow! how interesting this is. Just think if I was like that all the time!


How Hard Is Gratitude For You? My Goal Is To Be Joyful Every Single Day--For At Least A Portion Of The Day, However Brief It May Be. 

Spread Some Joy Today--Gratitude is the way. What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment