Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Daily Inspiration 1-2-18

"The pleasure we feel in criticizing 
robs us from being moved 
by very beautiful things." 

-- Jean de la Bruyere 



[Classic post from 9-25-16]

It's natural to have preferences. It is not natural to criticize others or something others have done. We need only recognize that we are feeling that this is not for us, turn and move toward what is.

I just love movies, and I've seen videos and articles in newspapers from movie critics. Predominantly, they seem to be seeking what is wrong with the film, or what they missed, left out, failed to achieve, and much more. Critical is the correct word. Rarely do I read or see a truly positive and inspiring review.

So, I was thinking today as I was doing some errands that because I love movies so much and I watch them pretty much every single day, I could be a movie reviewer. Except, I would never again want to be a critic. I would be a movie praiser. That's right. A Movie Praiser. Terry the Movie Praiser. When I would review a new film, I would only write a review if I could praise it. If it was so unappealing to me that I couldn't sing its praises, I would have to pass on doing a review.

If that were tied to a star rating, that would still be okay, because even if I rated it a 2-star or 3-star out of 5, I would only write what I honestly could praise about it. No negative comments about it. Just praise, or nothing.

Of course, I've been playing with this in my life for some time with people, things, events, news, and my own thoughts. I have found so much value in seeking what is good, working, positive as opposed to trying to point out all the faults. I love finding appreciation. And, it always seems to be there as I look for it.


It Just Seems To Flow Better Because It Feels Better. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by speaking joy. My grandmother used to say, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment