Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Daily Inspiration 1-16-18

The most valuable lessons 
I have ever learned in my life! 

"Nothing brings out
the worst in another faster
than your focusing upon it. 

Nothing brings out 
the best in another faster 
than your focusing upon it." 

-- Abraham, Esther Hicks 



[Classic post from 9-15-16]

Yesterday, I promised to state my second most valuable lesson of my entire life today, and tomorrow will be the third most valuable. These were not originally in any particular order, but after writing them and thinking about them, I felt strongly about enumerating the ones that have affected the most positive change in me and how I feel about my life.

Number one was understanding the Law of Attraction, by realizing what it is and how it works whether I am aware of it or believe in it, or not. It is the single most valuable knowledge I have, and understanding it helps me understand myself and the world around me.

Number two follows the Abraham, Esther Hicks top three laws as well. This is the Law of Deliberate Creation. They state this law in this way: "By deliberately directing your attention and thoughts toward the outcome that you desire, you can be or do or have anything that you choose." 

My understanding of this is so powerful because it demonstrates that I do have more control over my life and what I receive from life--in fact, it is ultimate control, in that I get what I think about, focus upon, pay attention to. But, it is way more than controlling thoughts. That is a seriously tough job with the tens of thousands of thoughts we have every day. It is actually estimated at 50-70,000 each day. Whew! That would be a serious amount of work to try controlling all of that.

So how does it work then? We have an Inner Being within us. You could call it our God within, our Higher Power, Source Energy, but it matters not the label we give it. It only matters that we realize that it is always there and that it is there as a guide for us. It is intended to make our lives easier, to have more joy, and to have what we really want. As we are in alignment with this inner knowing, we will experience good-feeling emotions, and as we are out of alignment with it, we will experience bad-feeling or off-feeling emotions. You could say in alignment is resonance, and out of alignment is dissonance, smooth-going versus rocky-going.

These feelings then are our guide. It is simple, not the least bit complicated, and that is what resonates with me the most. Anyone can understand this. We all experience emotions, although so many times, we are letting our emotions directly direct our lives, influence our thoughts, instead of the other way around. It's sort of like the tail wagging the dog then.

However, as we learn to pay attention to what emotions we are experiencing and especially noticing what they feel like to us, this is the guidance that demonstrates very physically whether we are making good choices or poor choices, and by taking stock of these feelings, we can choose deliberately. Without this simple knowledge, we are most often choosing by default, or unconsciously. How much better it is to choose deliberately.

This is one part of this self-empowering idea. The second part is understanding more about my emotions. Abraham, Esther Hicks in their book, Ask and It Is Given, shared a sample scale of emotions as an example of the many names we give different feelings. I have loved this chart because it has helped me so much to understand my feelings, where I might be on the scale and thereby effect a moving up the scale of emotions toward better feeling emotions by deliberately directing my thoughts. I have this printed out on my wall to help me.

Here is the scale:

1. Joy, Knowledge, Empowerment, Freedom, Love, Appreciation
2. Passion
3. Enthusiasm, Eagerness, Happiness
4. Positive Expectation, Belief
5. Optimism
6. Hopefulness
7. Contentment
8. Boredom
9. Pessimism
10. Frustration, Irritation, Impatience
11. Overwhelment
12. Disappointment
13. Doubt
14. Worry
15. Blame
16. Discouragement
17. Anger
18. Revenge
19. Hatred, Rage
20. Jealousy
21. Insecurity, Guilt, Unworthiness
22. Fear, Grief, Depression, Despair, Powerlessness

These emotions can rule our lives, or guide our lives as we choose. And, we always choose; albeit, it may be unconsciously. What is also interesting about this is that it is often too hard to make big jumps. This is why when we are depressed and someone who is full of enthusiasm irritates the heck out of us. But, generally, in a state of depression, and with the Law of Attraction constantly at work, we won't be attracting happy people anyway.

Yet, we can move up the scale. As Abraham, Esther Hicks says that we should simply seek relief and relief is always going up the scale. As an example, anger is relief from guilt and unworthiness, as frustration is relief from worry, and so on. As we seek relief, we can feel better and better until we reach the turning point of hopefulness. At and above hopefulness is where I want to be as much as I can.

This has been life-changing for me. It has helped me understand how I have interacted with people in the past. I love the quote at the top which demonstrates how this Law of Deliberate Creation functions: "Nothing brings out the worst in another faster than your focusing upon it. Nothing brings out the best in another faster than your focusing upon it." It is also very appropriate to change the word, 'another,' and 'your,' to 'me,' and 'my.'

We can have control over our lives once we understand how we get what we get, and how we can understand how to make choices by paying attention to our inner guidance by paying attention to our emotions, or how we feel. We are all empowered equally as we understand these basic and powerful laws.


"Things Don't Just Happen. They Happen Just." -- Jim Rohn 

Spread Some Joy Today--by taking full control of your joy. There isn't a soul on the planet better qualified than you for that task.

No comments:

Post a Comment