Monday, October 30, 2017

Daily Inspiration 10-30-17

"Every problem has in it 
the seeds of its own solution.
If you don't have any problems, 
you don't get any seeds. . ."

-- Norman Vincent Peale


[Classic post from 3-19-11]

Ever heard the phrase, "it's always something. .?" Maybe it came out of your own mouth. I know it's come out of mine. I stopped saying it because it's a counterproductive affirmation as it has always been used in my experience as an acknowledgment that we are not in control and things just randomly happen to us. I remember hearing when I was young things like, "the aheader I go, the behinder I get," and other such similar affirmation statements.

What I find most interesting today, is that after learning to believe that my thoughts control my actions, rather than some other circumstance or deity, I see how those common phrases from my earlier life really are counterproductive for us. But more than that, it is how we deal with and respond to problems or circumstances.

When I accept that someone or something else created a problem for me, I feel powerless; however, when I accept responsibility for a problem or circumstance and look for what I wanted to learn from it, I grow powerful. What a dramatic contrast, don't you think? One makes me feel powerless, the other more powerful. Based on that, my choice is clear.

I am beginning and practicing getting excited--seriously--truly excited about problems and what appears on the surface to be negative or undesired circumstances. I figure that as any other skill, the more I practice it, the better I will get at it. And, I am getting better at it.

Some examples of late are working very long and hard to close a lucrative deal and then having the deal fall apart, or continue to delay time after time after time. I now look for ways that strengthen me and focus on improving my craft, ways to presenting my services and so on. I never worry about any given deal anymore. It's all a learning experience.

Another example is someone quitting and adding to your immediate workload. I now know that this can be such a learning experience and that it is humbling and exciting at the same time.

There are so many problems that come our way and it is only our attitude or the way we look at them that serves or does not serve us. I have found that problems truly are opportunities, and as with any opportunity, we can accept it or reject it, get excited or get depressed, become powerless or powerful. The choice is always our own.


I Choose POWER-FULL!

Spread Some Joy Today--There is nothing like the excitement of a new idea or a new way of looking at things to change one's demeanor. To me, that is the value of learning something new every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment