Friday, October 13, 2017

Daily Inspiration 10-13-17

"Don't lower your expectations 
to meet your performance.
Raise your level of performance
to meet your expectations. 
Expect the best of yourself,
and then do what is necessary 
to make it a reality."

-- Ralph Marston



[Classic post from 5-31-12]

I'm always challenging myself to improve; to do well; better; the best I can, given the parameters, and I feel that way about everything that I do. However, I am certainly not a perfectionist, as I do have a tendency to say, "okay, that's good for now."

I've known many who beat it to death trying to excel. I don't think it need be that hard. I love Teddy Roosevelt's famous phrase to "do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Tomorrow is another day and I'll go and do what I can with what I have, where I am then too. And that will be good enough. . . for now.

What's interesting is how everything constantly gets improvement with that attitude.

I was talking yesterday to some people and considering how we operated and what we did four short years ago compared to today. It is an amazing transformation. It will also be the same kind of comparison four years from now because there is constant growth.

One of my favorite sayings comes from one of my mentors, Tony Robbins. He calls it CANi, which stands for Constant and Never-Ending Improvement. There are so many ways to improve, to see what can be done, to explore creativity and innovation on a regular basis.

I hear some business people talk about when the times get better, they will be better. When times are good, they will be happy. When business improves, life will be good again. I have a hard time with that. I think that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. More business doesn't create happiness.

The other thing I hear a lot is that when times get better, they will grow their business again. There are so many ways to grow a business that doesn't have anything to do with more business. It comes back to CANi and doing what you can with what you have, where you are NOW.

Let go of all the "if come maybe" stuff. There is so much to do right now. There is no future in reality. Everything is right now.


Happiness Is Not Pursued. It Is Allowed.

Spread Some Joy Today--Allow yourself. Grant yourself permission to be happy today. It's always been as simple as your choice. Choose it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment