Friday, October 20, 2017

Daily Inspiration 10-20-17

"Gratitude is so close 
to the bone of life,
pure and true,
that it instantly stops
the rational mind,
and all its planning and plotting."

-- Regina Sara Ryan



[New post]

A couple of days ago I wrote about prayer and how Thank You! was what I thought to be the ultimate prayer.

This morning I saw the quote above and though the reminder of being in gratitude was good, what struck me about this quote was the latter part of the quote: "it instantly stops the rational mind, and all its planning and plotting." That is powerfully true, and yet I haven't really thought about it quite that way.

So, based on this, as my mind is running in circles as it often does like a dog chasing its tail, I could take some time and sit and try to meditate and release it all, but in that scenario, doing that seems like work. However, as I think about the fact that being grateful for something, anything, anyone, and more, I shut off my rational mind right then without any effort whatsoever.


How Amazing Is That!? 

Spread Some Joy Today--by finding any little thing, or anything at all to be grateful for. The effort is nil, but the reward is heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment