Sunday, August 24, 2014

Daily Inspiration 8-24-14

"There are many things 
of which a wise man 
might wish to be ignorant." 

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson 


What I put my attention on will increase in my life, and I have learned that I have control over my attention. Often, I've been habitual as so many of us have in allowing my attention to go where it doesn't serve me. The biggest change that I have experienced in my life is the realization that I get to choose what I focus on, what I listen to, what I watch, to whom and what I allow my attention.

Often people have said to me, 'did you hear about _______?' I probably say my usual, 'no.' Then they might say, 'don't you want to know what's going on in the world?' I have to admit that I'm not much interested in that because generally, the news is negative things that I don't want in my life, so why would I pay attention to it. So, then they might say, 'well how can you converse with people without knowing what is going on?' But, talking about those things just makes it more and more dominant in my experience, so I purposefully ignore it to my ultimate bliss.

As Esther Hicks and Abraham say, I've become a selective sifter. If it uplifts, enlightens, teaches me something I want in my life, it comes in without restriction, if it is going to bring me down, cause me to have fear and worry or concern, I have no use for it. Besides, the real truth about news is that it is an extremely small bit of the activity in the world and the vast majority of the activity is positive, not negative.

How about looking at the world from a point of view of being in love with all that is around us. It is a life-giving point of view. Ralph Waldo Emerson expressed it nicely in this way: "He who is in love is wise and is becoming wiser, sees newly every time he looks at the object beloved, drawing from it with his eyes and his mind those virtues which it possesses." The object beloved can easily be anything or anyone to whom we allow our attention. This attitude will change everything for the better.


What A Great Way To Live.

Spread Some Joy Today--by looking through the eyes of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment