Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Daily Inspiration 1-28-14

"There's a difference between 
 interest and commitment. 
When you're interested in doing something, 
you do it only when it's convenient. 
When you're committed to something, 
you accept no excuses--only results." 

 -- Kenneth H Blanchard 


I had a meeting this evening and I briefly talked about the need for a regular and consistent commitment to getting a certain marketing job being done. As I gave them my experience on the subject as a marketer, I related to how this Daily Inspiration is accomplished and it is only accomplished via a commitment to do the work every single day. In the case I was discussing with them, we were talking about a once-a-month, yet on a specific time each month. Logically, that would be so easy, but it hasn't been for them.

It's so easy to get busy. Busy, busy, busy. Got stuff to do. The quote above nails it. There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. It is only interest when we miss the deadline. There are so many things to do. But, it isn't so many things to do, is it? It is lack of commitment.

Commitment means I am going to do this. I have set aside time. I have the resources arranged. I am willing to fail, but I am going anyway. Today is the day and I'm on it.

This Daily Inspiration which began in September, 2009 has taught me a number of things, and it has especially taught me about commitment. Someday I will just stop, but until then, I'm committed to the task. Another thing I have learned is that it is all on me (or you). If it doesn't get done, I can only look in the mirror for the culprit. I also learned that excuses don't fly. Nor does being tired, going on vacation, or any other kind of events need to stop me. I just work around them, or through them.

Having an interest in doing something is good. I have a list of those myself, but if a thing is going to actually get done, it will require a higher level. It will require a commitment.


If You Want It Done, Develop A Commitment To It. 

Spread Some Joy Today--I am committed to spreading joy everywhere I go. I am committed to loving people all around me all the time. I am committed to loving myself. I am committed to enjoying myself every single day, all day. I used to just have interest in doing these things. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment