Friday, September 8, 2017

Daily Inspiration 9-8-17

"You don't have to be a person of influence to be influential.
In fact, the most influential people in my life are
probably not even aware of the things they've taught me."

-- Scott Adams



[Classic post from 6-28-10]

When the student is ready, the teacher appears. . . or is it, when the teacher is ready, the student appears? I think it is both. There is a time to learn and a time to teach and although we think about those things as opposites like giving and receiving, I think they are really all the same thing. I think that mostly because I know that when I am teaching (as I am doing now, I suppose), I am learning at the same exact time, for it is in the act of teaching that I learn what I know and learn how to express and indeed, receive learning.

I think other people influence us when we are ready to be influenced. I know that is true because two or ten or a thousand people who might be listening or watching the same thing will see and hear it very differently. Many may be influenced, while others are not moved at all.

This shows how much of a participatory world we live in.

So how do you influence others? You do. Much of the time. You can't help it. They can't help but receive it when they are ready for it either. I think that the best we can do is to be the best we can be--to be the most you that you can be--and to be the truest to yourself you can be. That is a powerful influence for you and the rest of the ready-to-be-influenced planet.


I Am Ready To Be Influenced. Teach Away!

Spread Some Joy Today--Being a teacher without at the same time being a student is like being a friend without being friendly. Just be yourself today. Rejoice in your own, special and awesome uniqueness! YOU ROCK! The world rocks with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment