Monday, September 18, 2017

Daily Inspiration 9-18-17

"Where there is no struggle,
there is no strength."

-- Oprah Winfrey


"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned,
so as to accept the life that is waiting for us."

-- Joseph Campbell




[Classic post from 4-27-11]

Today the word struggle popped into my head. I looked at quotes about struggle and they were all like Oprah's quote above--all about life is a struggle, the strong survive, etc., etc.

I guess there are a lot of ways to go about a thing and struggle is certainly one of them; however, in my recent life, I have found a far better way for me: letting go of struggle and getting into relaxing my way. It's not that I don't work, because I do and I also work a lot, but it really isn't work--it's joy, fun, excitement, interesting and satisfying.

It reminds me of the old game we played as kids called "tug-of-war." There's a puddle of mud in the middle and people on both sides pulling against each other's team until one team is pulled into the mud. I always found it much more fun to just let go of the rope, but then the rest of the team thought I wasn't a team player. It's true, I'm sure.

I've noticed that life is like that game of tug-of-war, in that I see people pulling, tugging, coercing, manipulating, trying to win the tug, and back and forth it goes. Then the game spreads to most others and everyone is struggling in one way or another.

I have found the best solution for me is to let go of the rope. Think about it. It is in the letting go that stress no longer exists, worries no longer penetrate, and joy is possible.

I was talking with someone close yesterday and they were saying how someone took advantage of them and it was wrong and this and that and how they were going to confront them and take the things back and all that dribble. I told her that this was one way, but it wouldn't help the situation. The best thing to do is to just let go of the rope. Let go? she said. . . it was just plain wrong. I said, well, that is purely a judgement call, and of course, you can certainly make it, but what will you get out of that? Certainly no joy, just more stress, unhappiness and the like.

So, letting go is the best answer I have and I practice it a lot now. I let go of so many things and it is quite interesting how much better I feel and how much better I perform as a result. I let go of those judgements, disappointments, fears. Who needs that stuff? Oh yes, the strugglers. . . no gain without pain. . . okay, they can have it their way, and I'll have it mine.


One Of My Favorite Book Titles Says It Very Well:

"Love Is Letting Go Of Fear" By Gerald Jampolsky.

Spread Some Joy Today--What is that so important grudge you've been holding dear to you awaiting the final judgement? Is it bringing joy? Consider dropping the rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment