Saturday, July 22, 2017

Daily Inspiration 7-22-17

"To be conscious that you are ignorant
is a great step to knowledge."

-- Benjamin Disraeli


"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly
stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was
astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

-- Mark Twain



[Classic post from 3-20-11]

As I glanced at the quote above from Benjamin Disraeli, I laughed thinking of myself when I was young and ignorant thinking that most adults just didn't have a clue. It also reminded me of the Mark Twain quote. But, you know, it doesn't change at 21, does it? I've been ignorant in some ways all my life and still am in some things. The big difference from being a naive youngster and now is that I am conscious of my ignorance, and even so brave as to admit it openly. Indeed, that is a big difference, isn't it?

Today, I am very clear about the vastness of my ignorance, and at the same time, I am more confident than ever of that which I know. Interesting. . .


My Ignorance Is Such An Opportunity; However, I Have No Particular Need To Know Everything.

Spread Some Joy Today--Any time you feel love for someone today, make sure and let them know it. It might matter to both of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment