Monday, December 19, 2016

Daily Inspiration 12-19-16

"May I see my own limits with compassion, 
just as I view the limits of others."

-- Roshi Joan Halifax 



What a wonderful quote to expand upon. May I hear my own voice and what I am saying with compassion as I hear the voices of others. May I acknowledge my own thoughts with compassion as I imagine others in the same way.

Here's some of the best questions that I think we could ever ask ourselves:

Who am I to judge?

Who am I with all that goes on in my head to think others should think something that I think is appropriate?

Who am I to speak ill of anyone?

Under what authority do I criticize any other?

Indeed, who am I to even judge myself critically?


Of course, this goes all ways too:

Who am I to praise?

Under what authority do I praise?

Who am I to speak praise to another?

Who am I to fill my head with love, joy, and appreciation?

Indeed, who am I to love myself as I love others?


I'll Bet One Of Those Positions Feels Really Good, While The Other. . . . 

Spread Some Joy Today--because feeling good feels so much better, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment