Saturday, May 7, 2016

Daily Inspiration 5-7-16

"There is nothing for you 
to go back and live over, 
or fix, or feel regret about now." 

-- Abraham, Esther Hicks 



Continuing the quote above, "Every part of your life has unfolded just right. And so--now--knowing all that you know from where you stand, now what do you want? The answers are coming forth to you. Go forth in joy, and get on with it."

I was reading Seth Godin's blog this morning, titled, Calling Your Finding, about people trying to find their calling--that magical thing that is meant only for us, and it is up to us to find it and do it.

He says, "I'm not sure that anyone has a calling. I think, instead, our culture creates situations where passionate people find a place where they can make an impact. When what you do is something that you make important, it doesn't matter so much what you do. It's not that important where. I matters a lot how. With passion and care."

I really like that line, "When what you do is something that you make important, it doesn't matter so much what you do."

It's been said that everyone has their own calling, and what that means is that we each have our own thoughts and desires, and make our own decisions whether to line up with those desires, or not. It seems that they are saying that there is one singular calling that we must find, and I think that is bunk. I think that if we want to state that it is a "calling" at all, that we can experience as many callings as we want.

I think a calling is simply a desire, that in the doing or the action phase of that, we enjoy ourselves in the process. In other words, we are doing what pleases us, what we feel good doing. It is a joy. A labor of love.

I've had several callings in my life. I had more callings than I responded with action on, but those that I did, were all great experiences.

I think what is really important is chilling out about what has gone before. As Abraham says, "every part of your life has unfolded just right." What a perfect way to quell any issues with the past. Pure acceptance. It was meant to be because that's what I did, and I chose it, and it was perfect. Even if I didn't like it at the time, that not liking it led me to choose something more to my liking and now I am here.

So, now what do I want? as they say. Great question. Whatever it is, I am wanting to feel good doing it. As Seth says, I will choose it and make it important to me, and I do that by recognizing how I feel doing it. If I love it, that makes it important, and if I don't like it so much, it is not very important to me. If I love it, this is my current calling. If I am not liking it so much, I will be searching for something that feels better.


This Is My Calling. For The Time Being. I May Soon Make A Different Call. 

Spread Some Joy Today--Say YES! to joy. How could anyone say no to joy? But they do, don't they? But, you can say YES! today.

No comments:

Post a Comment