Friday, May 9, 2014

Daily Inspiration 5-9-14

"WYSIWYG." 

-- Computer term meaning 
What You See Is What You Get 


We are creators and what we see is what we get. It is also true that what we get is what we see. We may see good or bad and it is what we see that creates more of what we see.

Napoleon Hill said it well when he said, "Until you have formed the habit of looking for the good instead of the bad there is in others, you will be neither successful nor happy." William James gave it more depth by saying, "Why should we think upon things that are lovely? Because thinking determines life. It is a common habit to blame life upon the environment. Environment modifies life but does not govern life. The soul is stronger than its surroundings."

I have a lot of knowledge about my own power, but my habits are older. I have a tendency to get busy right away and then one day runs into another and I didn't spend much, or no time at all on my intentions, desires, visualizations--in other words, preparing to get the most of the day instead of just going through it.

Habits are strong. Changing them is not so easy sometimes, especially if they are deep seated. I know I need to change many of my habits. I want to change many of my habits, and yet, one of them is procrastination, of which I am an artist. So, you can see that having procrastination in there muddies the water.

The good news is that I have changed many habits over the years that didn't serve me, so I know I will prevail. I know I have the power.


Every New Minute Is A New Opportunity! 

Spread Some Joy Today--Start your day with an intention to be of good cheer and good cheer will be yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment