Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Daily Inspiration 5-20-14

"The words of truth 
are always paradoxical." 

-- Lao Tzu 


I was talking with a friend today and I shared some personal detail about a relationship. There was no desire for any sympathy, it was strictly shared for clarity; however, I noticed one more time that sharing things that are not positive is not only not helpful, but it is counterproductive to what I want today.

Often we might be wronged in the past and there seems to be a general consensus that to talk about it will be helpful to us as if there is some kind of release in expressing it. But, I have found over and over again that this is not true. I must add that at least it is not true for me. It just doesn't help me to feel the slightest bit better. In fact, I think it brings ill feelings, or off-feelings back to the present when I left them in the past.

What I have found that works is releasing those thoughts. I cannot change what happened, but I don't need to relive any of it, and just letting it be something that happened and now it's over is good.

The other thing that I have found that really works is finding the positive aspects of people or situations that have affected me. When I am praising, finding appreciation, and gaining understanding, I am free of any previous negativity. When I can stay there, the past has not only no power, but is no longer like the past at all, and more like the present. This is true because I am not reliving, but renewing.


The Only Thing I Have Complete Control Over Is My Thoughts This Moment. I Get To Choose How I Want To Feel By Those Thoughts. 

Spread Some Joy Today--Make peace with the past by focusing on the joy of right now, this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment