Saturday, February 22, 2020

Daily Inspiration 2-22-20

"There's nothing more true
about reality than non-reality. 

Isn't it all in your mind?" 

-- Albert K. Strong 



New: Audio version

[Classic post from 10-10-15]

When I was growing up and I'm guessing that I have a lot of company, I was not taught that thoughts had power. What a wonderful thing to teach youngsters, but I cannot remember anything worthy of note here, especially in comparison with what I've learned late in life.

I was scribbling down some notes some time back about thoughts, and it went like this:

"Do thoughts that I think have any benefit to others without my making them physical or to take form? [That question could also be asked from a negative point of view as in doing any harm to others...] 

Perhaps what I think touches other thoughts and enhances the whole of thoughtdom. . . 

Perhaps my thought may help someone with a similar thought morph their thought into thought-form and into a physical form. . . 

Thoughts are fun in the absence of fear. . . 

According to my understanding of the Law of Attraction, as I think a thought, I attract similar thoughts, and if I continue along this path even more come and ideas develop, inspiration to act in some way comes. In other words, if I stay focused and in the enjoyment of these thoughts, they will be the foundation of my creation becoming a so-called reality." 

The reason I write this is because I think it is a fascinating idea that as we think about someone that we can have an effect on them, and I relate this idea especially to strangers. I think that there is a whole other world going on and that we do affect one another by simply thinking thoughts about them. I think we can even feel it, but I think that also most of the time, we are not tuned in and aware, so even though it may have an effect, it may not be recognized as real and coming from another. I think we're all connected; albeit, not always paying attention.

For the last many months I've been playing with this idea, and many times, I think I am seeing a response. The majority of the time, I am not seeing a response, but I do believe that it got through to give the benefit intended.

I love to go to the grocery store, always have. It's one of my favorite places to play with my thoughts toward strangers. As I see someone, I immediately find things to compliment them about; such as, how beautiful they are, what a great smile they have, what great shape they are in, what a wonderful choice of clothing they made, how healthy they look. Every woman I see, I think how beautiful she is. In these thoughts, I am speaking to them directly, as in "you are beautiful; what an excellent choice you made in your clothing; I love the highlights in your hair; etc. My only rule is that it must be positive and complimentary. If any kind of negative thought might try to come through, I just let it go by and pivot to a positive thought.

One last thing. I always look them in the eye with a smile at least for a second.

What do you think is happening here? I think I am being of benefit to others. I am finding that my idea of beauty has an almost infinite range, whereas before, it might have been kind of narrow. But, this might be even more interesting: I find that I am the greater beneficiary. Sending positive, uplifting thoughts to others mentally has become such a habit for me in the last year or so and I think it is because I feel so good in the doing.


Do Our Thoughts Have An Effect On Others Unspoken? There Is No Question About It. It Is Absolutely True. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by sending your joyous thoughts to everyone you see today. You don't even have to speak a word. They will see it in your eyes and your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment