Friday, February 14, 2020

Daily Inspiration 2-14-20

"Let joy keep you. 
Reach out your hands
and take it when it runs by.

-- Carl Sandburg



New: Audio version

[Classic post from 10-1-15]

I've talked about joy so many times and each of these daily notes ends with the idea of spreading joy today. Still, today there was a depth of joy that I have not experienced except in very short spurts lasting minutes. Today, however, was magical.

I can't even tell you exactly what caused me to feel how I did today. It began around 9:00 am and is still with me 12 hours later. All-day long, I was in such joy. I had a wonderful lunch with a friend and client and vendor, and I found myself so focused on what he was sharing. I'm not sure I recall listening so intently before. At the same time, I was noticing everything around me. The cooks in the restaurant, the waitress who I know, and who is always so delightful to see.

Then it rained. Well, better stated, it showered. Still, walking in the rain was invigorating and fun. I was laughing all day it seems. At the grocery store, I was walking around as if I was on a cloud and everyone I passed by looked at me with a great big smile and said hi. I was amazed.

Even this morning when a problem developed and I had to be on hold for quite some time, everything flowed so perfectly and was solved with so little effort. I watched a delightful movie, Midnight In Paris again. Such great Woody Allen quips kept me smiling all the way through.

Charlie and I went for a walk and he was feeling it too. It's a bit hard to describe just how joyful this day has been. Now I want to allow more days with that depth of joy. And, I do think that this is the key: to allow. I am beginning to think that it is natural and we just allow it to take over.

I was just thinking that I didn't feel any fear whatsoever today. Not even a tiny one. Nothing. I was more myself than I usually am too. All that is interesting to consider.

The skies were grey all day. It was a cool respite from the heat of the summer all the way through last Monday. Go figure that a gray sky day could be so full of color and warmth.


I Wish For You To Experience A Day As This. 

Spread Some Joy Today--Today I didn't even try. It was impossible not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment