Friday, May 4, 2018

Daily Inspiration 5-4-18

"Success is the progressive realization 
of a worthy ideal."

-- Earl Nightingale


"The only person who succeeds is the person who
is progressively realizing a worthy ideal.
That's the person who says, 'I'm going to become this'
and then begins to work toward that goal."

-- Earl Nightingale




[Classic post from 6-29-10]

I love these quotes by Earl Nightingale. The reason I love them is one word in both quotes: progressive. He says that 'success is a progressive realization,' not that it is a destination but more a journey toward a destination. The destination is the worthy ideal. The success is the progressive realization of it. It really is the journey!

How many times in your life have you had a goal and you succeeded in accomplishing it, only to realize that now that you achieved it, it wasn't nearly as satisfying as it was anticipated to be. But, one thing is for sure, you will remember the journey toward it. And as we look back, we connect more to the journey than ever. The destination was nice, but the journey was the experience!

I'm going to put that quote on my wall so I can see it every day to remind me that the journey IS the success, that it is already a success in the willingness to go on the journey at all and that will help me put any stumbling blocks into perspective.


I Am On A Journey Of Progressive Realization. In Other Words, A Successful Adventure!

Spread Some Joy Today--We're all moving toward something. Let this help us remember to savor and celebrate the adventure of the journey! Cowabunga!

No comments:

Post a Comment