Thursday, May 17, 2018

Daily Inspiration 5-17-18

"When people go to work 
they shouldn't have to 
leave their hearts at home." 

 -- Betty Bender 




[Classic post from 5-2-14]

It's easy to get caught up in the idea that this isn't personal, it's just business. It's as if we can somehow get out of our human bodies and become this other entity called a business. That seems ridiculous to even think about.

I went to a big and informal classic car show this week taking some photos for my client who put on the show. I ran into a friend and previous business associate that I haven't seen in about 15 years. He was introducing me to his friend that I didn't know, and at first, he introduced me as, "this guy is truly an honest car guy." Of course, I like the distinction; however, he made it seem as if most are not and I was unique in the car business. I'm not--at least not in that respect.

Leadership master, John C Maxwell published a little book in 2003 with a very interesting title. The title is There's No Such Thing As Business Ethics. In the preface, he says, "There are no such things as business ethics--there's only ethics. People try to use one set of ethics for their professional life, another for their spiritual life, and still another at home with their family. That gets them into trouble. Ethics is ethics. If you desire to be ethical, you live it by one standard across the board."

In the second chapter, John Maxwell discusses one of the greatest guidance systems ever conceived: The Golden Rule. It is commonly stated as doing unto others as you would have them do unto you. I learned this rule at a very young age, and as I have remembered it and brought it freshly to my mind periodically, I see that it has served me as well as anything possibly could.


Following Your Heart And Living By The Golden Rule? Isn't That The Same Thing? 

Spread Some Joy Today--That is a perfect way to consider The Golden Rule. Spread joy unto others as you would have them spread joy to you. I love spreading joy, and I also love receiving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment