Monday, April 16, 2018

Daily Inspiration 4-16-18

"In the face of overwhelming odds, 
I'm left with only one option. 
I'm going to have to science the shit out of this." 

-- Mark Watney character 
played by Matt Damon 
in the movie, The Martian 



[Classic post from 3-16-16]

The power of focus. Mark Watney had to focus or die. He had to decide to live or let go and die. Those are some very basic, and also profound choices to have to make. Most of us don't deal with issues that much in our face in our entire lives, and yet, at the same time, we do make those choices almost every day.

We carry around information and emotional baggage that often disrupts our focus. These things are real to us. Abraham, Esther Hicks offers an overview by saying, "People often believe that because something happened, and because it is a fact or true, that it should be focused upon, and therefore kept vibrationally active. And so, many people keep many things active that do not serve them." 

Some of these are big events that often carry political feelings, such as, Remember the Alamo!, Remember Pearl Harbor!, Remember the Holocaust!, Remember the Black Plague!. Remember the Potato Famine!, Remember this war and that war, 911 and the towers, and the list goes on and on. If one is involved in any of these big things, they remember them with even more focus.

Yet, there are millions more small things that are real, that happened, that we have a tendency to focus on. Some of these might be what Jane said about me to a friend who told me about it and I am so upset by that. It could be that loan we made to a friend or relative that they haven't ever repaid and yet we see them driving a brand new car. Or, maybe it is the guy that got the promotion that I should have had. I have been there longer and I am more qualified, but I'm a woman. Or it could be as simple as forgetting a birthday, missing a play or recital with our child in it because he works all the time, or where's the love that we used to share? And this list is endless.

Abraham, Esther Hicks shares this insight: "In the same way that sculptors mold clay into the creation that pleases them, you create by molding Energy. You mold it through your power of focus--by thinking about things, remembering things, and imagining things. You focus the Energy when you speak, when you write, when you listen, when you are silent, when you remember, and when you imagine--you focus it through the projection of thought." 

It is easy to think that the tail wags the dog as in the remembering of things that don't serve us, but what is really the reality is that we are the dog and we are wagging our own tail. We are in charge of that. We are in charge of our focus. We are in charge of what we focus on. We are in charge of how we feel about things based on what our thoughts are about them. We are in total charge, just as Mark Watney was in charge, alone on the planet Mars facing odds that were overwhelming. He chose to change his focus, mold Energy, and figure things out.

My new sign on my wall helps me remember. It says: Is My Focus On What I Want? I get to choose every minute of every day. Focusing on what I do not want can sometimes be enticing. It may even draw a crowd to chant me on, but is it serving me? Hmmmm. I'll have to science the shit out of that. . .


Is Your Focus On What You Want? Is It Serving You? 

Spread Some Joy Today--by making up your own mind to what you choose to focus on. Let me encourage you to choose joy. Just for a while. I'm convinced that after you feel that for a minute or two, you will be hooked. It's addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment