Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Daily Inspiration 12-19-17

"Our inner picture 
has to be based on 
our intention to feel good, 
which is of course 
synonymous with feeling God." 

-- Wayne Dyer 



[Classic post from 8-21-16]

In his book, Living An Inspired Life - Our Ultimate Calling, Wayne continues: "If we make this an inner mantra: I intend to feel good, we can picture ourselves experiencing joy regardless of what's going on around us. We can remind ourselves that whatever we desire is on its way, in amounts greater than ever imagined. If we keep this vision uppermost in mind, then before long, the All-Creating Source will conspire to bring our vision into our physical life. Most important, we'll begin to act on our vision and receive Divine guidance." 

Some have said to me, "you just can't go around feeling good all the time. That's just a dream world." They are right, of course. It is just a dream world--my dream world. I assume by what they say that they would prefer me to feel bad instead. Or to focus more on all the suffering in the world. But, that's no longer my world. They want me to take a stand on the issues of the day. They say, "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." And, of course, they are right, so I am standing for feeling good, for living in my chosen reality, my own dream world.

What is fascinating to me is that this idea of feeling good really works. It works like nothing other that I have seen in my life. I no longer have unhappiness in my life. I've let go of so many things that were causing me to feel crappy. I think the one that took the longest to go was the idea of frustration, which is very much like the definition of insanity by Albert Einstein, as in "doing the same things and expecting a different result," or more accurately, thinking the same things and expecting a different result.

I no longer have the frustration that was so common. I live predominantly in joy now--varying degrees of joy, love, peace, and appreciation. I like how Abraham, Esther Hicks, who, by the way, helped to show me the path I'm on, says this about living my moments:

"Mining the moment for something that feels good, something to appreciate, something to savor, something to take in, that's what your moments are about. They're not about justifying your existence. It's justified. You exist. It's not about proving your worthiness. It's done. You're worthy. It's not about achieving success. You never get it done. It's about "How much can this moment deliver to me?" And some of you like them fast, some of you like them slow. No one's taking score. You get to choose. The only measurement is between my desire and my allowing. And your emotions tell you everything about that." 

To me, feeling good has become my only real objective, and there are so many ways to feel good. As Abraham says, "mine the moment for something (anything!) that feels good" when you think about it. "Something to appreciate," which is anything! also. "Something to savor," whether it is taste with the tongue or delightful odors, there is always something to savor if you want to savor. And, "something to take in," like the color of the sky, the leaves in a tree or on the ground, or the breeze wafting over your skin, or that favorite feel-good movie, or looking someone in the eye.

One last delicious point from the Abraham quote, where they say, "The only measurement is between my desire and my allowing." What a dynamic way to put that. Let's call it a gap for the moment. That gap can be as big as the word, "impossible," and as small as the word, "done!" It's not about being worthy, justified, or successful. It isn't even about what we want, only the distance between what we want and our allowing it in. And, we know what we have by how we feel moment by moment.

There are so many ways to feel good, that to feel bad has no value to me anymore. It's sort of surprising to think that I did value it often. Why would anyone choose to feel bad, to be upset about anything, to struggle, to be frustrated, when they could feel good? There is no such thing as one world. We all are living in the world of our choices. We all get to experience our world by how we feel about it. Choose as you will, as it is always your choice. All your choices are good for you because they are your own.


Feeling Good Isn't Something We Find Or Create. We Simply Allow Or Disallow Our Thoughts On That. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by finding more and more feeling good moments. Ooooh, there's one! There's another. . . here's one. . . OMG, they're all around me now. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment