Saturday, December 16, 2017

Daily Inspiration 12-16-17

"When you change 
the way you look at things, 
the things you look at change." 

-- Wayne Dyer 



[Classic post from 8-23-16]

I watched a powerfully good movie last night that just came out on video, The Confirmation, with Clive Owen, and Jaeden Lieberher in the lead as father and son. There were a number of interesting points worth discussing in this flick, and this morning, I'll focus on one very simple, and yet profound thing.

In the movie, Clive is a craftsman--a finishing carpenter. He wanted his son to be more appreciative of things because they are made by people. Somebody made that. Several people worked on that to create this. He asked his son, have you thought about who made your pants? Or your shirt. People made them. Someone sewed them together. When you go across a bridge, think about all the people it took and the skills it took to build that bridge. He was also suggesting that loving what we do and taking some pride in doing it well was a virtue to contemplate.

So today, I will pay more attention. I will pay homage to all those people who made the things that I enjoy. My bookshelves (numerous!), guitars, the computer I'm typing on, people that grew the plants that are in my courtyard, my truck which serves me well, the clothes I'm wearing and those in my closet, the carpet I walk on, the kitchen I cook in, along with all the pots, pans, knives, eating utensils, Tupperware containers, the blinds on the windows, the windows themselves, the roof over my head, the cement in the sidewalk.

There are literally thousands of things to give thanks for within just a few feet of where I stand, and of the things that we appreciate and like, we may do that from time to time, but we probably haven't, as I haven't opened my awareness to all the people involved in making all these thousands of things that aid my life in so many ways.


Appreciating All The People Who Created And Produced All The Stuff Of Life. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by finding joy wherever you go, whatever you do, whomever you're with.

No comments:

Post a Comment