Friday, June 16, 2017

Daily Inspiration 6-16-17

"The miracle of gratitude
is that it shifts your perception
to such an extent that
it changes the world you see."

-- Dr. Robert Holden



I love, love, love how this quote is stated. Sometimes we might be thinking that adopting an attitude of gratitude will help us feel better, and especially feel better in a world gone wrong. Though that surely might be a case in point, it is so much larger than this, isn't it?

Sure, gratitude 'shifts your perception.' Of course, it does. And this is a way of simply seeing more 'good' than 'bad,' to feel better as we become more thankful for some times and some people. Yet often, we may be still thankful for some and pissed off at all the rest, moving from anger to trying to be thankful, to actually being thankful, and then something happens and we're back in anger soon enough.

Sure, it 'changes the world we see.' Parts of it anyway. Choosing change can be a challenge. There's a lot of things in our lives to be thankful for, to be grateful in, and then there's a lot of other stuff that we might have to take a college course in to see differently.

All of this is one way to see gratitude.

The reason I'm so excited about this quote is that 'it changes the world you see.' Because of this, if we do not like what we are seeing in the world at any time, all we need to do is to shift our perception to gratitude and then all we will see is this world. In order to see that 'other world' that we did not like, we have to let go of gratitude. We cannot be grateful and angry at the same time. We cannot even see the things that would have previously made us angry as we are in gratitude. There is one or the other only. If I am choosing to see something other than what I am grateful for, as I let go of being grateful I may see that.

But, if I no longer want to see that stuff, tired of it, bored with it, I don't need to try to chase it away or try to make it something it is not. All I need to do is to focus on what I am grateful for. As I do this, the Law of Attraction automatically helps me find more to be grateful for, just as if I focused on the other, the Law of Attraction will help me find more to be angry about.


Therein Lies The Secret Of Happiness. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by exercising your gratitude. That which goes unused is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment