Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Daily Inspiration 4-11-17

"Love. . . . force it and it disappears. You cannot will love,
nor even control it. You can only guide its expression.
It comes or it goes according to those qualities in life
that invite it or deny its presence."

-- David Seabury


"There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."

-- A. J. Muste



[Classic post from 2-22-11]

I have recently learned one of the most valuable lessons of my life. Here it is in a sentence: I must make peace with where I am in pursuit of what I want. That is another way of saying that there is no way to peace, peace is the way. I have to find things that I love about where I am even and especially when I want to be somewhere else. Before I used to complain and go over and over what was not right, not fair, not cool. It was not loving and definitely not peace.

Oh, I was justified. Man, was I justified sometimes. I even had those around me and those that worked with me agreeing and justifying as well. Maybe we would go out back and have a smoke and chew on it aloud with vim and vigor and self-righteous indignation.

And guess what? As I looked at the grass is greener on the other side of the fence replacement, it was a short spell before what I didn't like showed up there too. Isn't that amazing! The trouble was that when I left where I was to go somewhere else I took myself with me.

The more I focused on what I didn't want, didn't like, or thought was wrong, the more of that I seemed to get. At some point, as I was pointing my finger at the culprit, I realized that three fingers were pointing back at me. Hello! Wisdom knocking.

It was after some study that I learned that the way through was to make peace with where I was, to make peace with me, to find the love I had been denying, in other words, to seek and count the blessings, look for the benefits, see the value (which I have learned is always there), feel the love that could be there if I just looked for it. Then, things changed dramatically.

This quote by David Seabury is one of the best I have ever read so I will repeat part of it again: "Love. . . It comes or it goes according to those qualities in life that invite it or deny its presence." Look for the best aspects you can find and peace will be the way.



If We're Feeling Negative Emotion, It's Time For Some Internal Medicine. Love Is The Prescription.


Spread Some Joy Today--It is much more a matter of letting go than reaching out.

No comments:

Post a Comment